Monday, June 25, 2012

Triple Time Stamping technique

Today I found another new (at least new to me) stamping technique to try, Triple Time Stamping. Another Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, Dawn Olchefske, has a great video tutorial for Triple Time Stamping on her blog. After I watched her video, I pulled out one of my older stamp sets and made this card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Balmy Breezes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Ink: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Hemp twine, button (unknown), Dotto repositionable adhesive, Dimensionals

Isn't that fun? And it was easy, too. In a nutshell, you layer together just the three light card stock pieces (I used Very Vanilla) with a bit of adhesive and stamp them at the same time. Then you take them apart, mat each light piece with a contrasting color of card stock and reassemble the layers. The measurements for the stamped layers are: 2" x 3-1/4", 3" x 4-1/4" and 4" x 5-1/4". The mat layers are: 2-1/4" x 3-1/2", 3-1/4" x 4-1/2" and 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (this is the card base). If you need any clarification, check out Dawn's video in the link above.

I love these colors together, and when combined with this stamp set I can almost imagine sitting on a lounge chair by the beach enjoying the salty sea breeze and reading a book. (I'd much rather be doing the real thing than just imagining, but I guess I'll take what I can get. Sigh.) I added some hemp twine, which I almost always include on "beachy" cards because it has the perfect look and feel, and a great button for a little embellishment. (I think the button is from an estate sale, and it's a bit thicker than what I would usually use on a card. But it seemed to work so well; I'll just have to mail this card in a padded envelope.)

I also stamped a few images on the inside of the card to continue the theme. I did stamp these images on scratch paper before stamping them in the card so they are light enough to write over.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Andrea. Thanks for the shoutout!