Saturday, September 27, 2014

Bright birthday banners card

I have a short blog post tonight, and it's not the post I was originally planning to do. In fact, I was near the end of a considerably longer blog post that included a tutorial and lots of photos when -- poof! -- it was gone. Argh! I don't have the heart to rewrite everything right now, so I'm sharing a birthday card instead:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Perfect Pennants
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Old Olive
Accessories: Banners Framelits dies, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, yellow chevron washi tape (unknown), rhinestones, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

To make the focal image for this card I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White card stock and used washi tape to create a border above and below the image. I cut out the image with one of the Banners Framelits dies and layered it with two coordinating banners on the left side of the card base. (I made the colored banners by hand, cutting the V into strips of card stock). I stamped a polka dot border along the bottom of the card base and added a few stars with rhinestone centers. A fun, bright card that would work for anyone's birthday.

I'll try to get that tutorial written (again!) early next week. In the meantime, thanks for stopping by!

No comments: