Friday, September 19, 2014

Flower Patch sunflowers

We had our first real taste of fall this week, and I loved it. Crisp air, jeans and sweatshirts, and many cups of tea. Fall is definitely my favorite season. But I'm still not ready to leave behind the flowers of summer, so here are a few cheerful sunflowers:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Flower Patch, Remembering Your Birthday
Paper: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Flower Fair Framelits dies, Word Bubbles Framelits dies, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, linen thread, Distress Stickles - Vintage Photo and Scattered Straw (Ranger), Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I really like using light blue card stock (here it's Soft Sky) as the base for flower images. It has a little more "oomph" than white or vanilla while still being clean and simple, and it creates an instant sky background.

I used Framelits dies and punches to create the little scene on my card: Flower Fair Framelits dies for the flowers and stems, one of the Word Bubbles Framelits dies for the clouds and, believe it or not, the little flower blossom-looking punch from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack for the butterflies. I love those cute little butterflies! I gently folded each punched shape in half then wrapped linen thread twice around the middle and tied it in a knot to create a body and antennae. I added a little Stickles glitter glue to the wings of the butterflies, as well as the center of the flowers, to create a little sparkle.

To finish off the card I stamped the greeting in the lower right corner and then doodled a border to create a frame for my scene. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: