Sunday, September 21, 2014

Gently Falling leaves

I realized late last night that I only wrote one blog post last week -- oops! I'm going to try to do three posts this week to make up for it, and to start off I have a card with fall leaves to share:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Gently Falling
Paper: Naturals White, Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede
Ink: Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso marker
Accessories: Autumn Accents die, Color Spritzer, linen thread, Dimensionals

I bought this stamp set last year after fall, and this was the first time I've used it. I have several stamp sets with leaves, but the selling point for this set was that it has an image of maple seeds. (We called them helicopters when I was growing up because they spin as they fall to the ground.) I don't think I've ever come across that image in a stamp, so I caved and bought the set.

To make the background, I randomly stamped the leaves, acorns and maple seeds on a piece of Naturals White card stock. I used an Early Espresso marker to spritz color in the white spaces and to draw a border around the panel 1/4" in from the edges of the card stock. I used a ruler to keep the border straight and stopped the line when it ran into a leaf.

I crumpled the the die-cut shapes a bit to add texture and then soothed them out. I adhered the leaves directly to the background, tied a bow of linen thread around the acorn stem and attached it to the leaves with Dimensionals. The last step was to adhere the whole panel to a Naturals White card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: