Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sweet and simple thanks

Today I have a short post featuring a sweet and simple thank-you card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Tea Shoppe
Paper: Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette ink pads; Crumb Cake marker
Accessories: Pearls, Modern Label punch, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Glue Dots

This is a go-to clean-and-simple layout for me, and if you've checked out my blog before, you've probably seen it used a time or two. It can be a little intimidating -- with nothing to distract your eyes from the focal image, any mistakes really stand out -- but I always love the finished product.

The three teacups on this card are all together on one stamp. I originally used markers to color on the rubber stamp and make each cup a different color. But when I stamped the image on the card base, the colors were too muted for me. My solution was to stamp the image with each color ink pad on separate pieces of card stock, cut out one cup from each image, and use Glue Dots to adhere them right over the stamped image on the card. I used the narrow tip of my Crumb Cake marker to make curvy dotted lines over the middle cup to look like steam. I stamped, punched and adhered the label below the teacups, added pearls to the label and rounded the bottom corners of the card. That's it!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: